Monday, April 25, 2011

Successful Appeal and Invitation

My nurse got back from vacation today. I called her as soon as I could. She had me send my appeal to her again. Within two hours she sent me an email that said my medical disqualification was lifted.

After attempting to call my Placement person several times, she answered and was clearly annoyed at me for how many times I called. She said she saw the updated status and had already sent me an email. An invitation is on its way in the mail.

I was pretty blown away by how quickly this went through once they actually looked at my appeal.

The placement officer called me out on how many times I tried calling (which I do feel bad about because I didn't know my calls would be logged), but in my experience with other administrations, nothing seems to get done on time unless you talk to someone directly and periodically check up on the status. For example, If I hadn't called the nurse today, she wouldn't have processed my appeal. She said she couldn't find the email, even though 2 weeks ago I called her to confirm that she had received it. She said she did, then went on vacation.

I also feel that if I hadn't been persistent today, I would have had to wait much longer for my appeal and invitation to get processed. My Placement officer had said the program I was trying to get into was expected to fill up within the next few days, so I clearly didn't have the luxury of time. I didn't want to miss the window so I pushed hard for it and annoyed some people. But it worked. Even my Placement officer told me she was surprised at how quickly my appeal was processed.

Anyway, moral of the story:

Be persistent, be polite, be patient... and btw your calls are logged.

No comments:

Post a Comment