Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On friday, I will be interviewed about site placement. They will ask me questions about my skills and abilities and will decide where to put me by the end of next week. Rural and urban sites have their pros and cons, and ultimately I wouldn't mind either, but I have a preference for being in a bigger city.

It is very hot and humid in Chengdu. I'm convinced it never gets this bad in Bangkok. Chengdu lies in a basin where the pollution can't escape because the cooler air sinks into the basin and warmer air stays on top. The pollution clouds the air and makes it much more humid. Fortunately, Chengdu does have seasons, so it cools down in fall and winter, but pollution gets worse in the winter because more people are burning fuel for heat. We've been advised not to do much strenuous activity outside in the middle of the day. Exercise in the morning instead because the pollution has settled a bit over night.

No comments:

Post a Comment