Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Getting stuff done

I went to Howard General to see about getting these tests done. I really didn't know what to do. A receptionist looked in a directory and directed me across the street to the medical pavilion. I went there and the receptionist there gave me some numbers and addresses of physicians. One was next door to my apartment, so I went there. I explained everything I needed and filled out some paperwork and wrote a check. 

The physician was a sarcastic old Indian woman who had a lot to say about China and how the Chinese were dangerous and taking over the world. I took my shirt off to do the EKG and lay down on the bed and she commented on my lack of chest hair while sticking the EKG tabs on me. "Makes my job easier... You know my husband? He's like a BEAR. We went on a cruise and there was a hairy chest contest... first place!" It was an interesting conversation to have while laying topless in a stranger's office while being poked all over. The device she hooked up to me was like some alien parasite and I half expected to feel electric shocks pulsing through my body. Then she ripped the tabs off of me "Imagine what that's like with chest har!" I didn't want to.

She referred me out to a radiologist and a blood lab. I read about good parenting habits in the waiting room for the x-ray. I got a CD... I was considering getting both the CD and the film, but the CD is just so much more portable. I got blood drawn at another office 10 minutes away. I've never had any issue with seeing blood, but for some reason I'm surprised every time to watch the blood squirt so forcefully up the tube. "Jesus..." I said as I watched. It's kind of impressive.

Today I looked at glasses... There are just too many frames to choose from. Feeling overwhelmed, I gave up to try again another day. 

I created an event on Facebook for my Birthday/Farewell party. I'm considering sushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment